Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Nintendo Revolution games set to retail at $60


"GameStop (Video game retailer) has listed Mario Revolution, Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Zelda Revolution, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Revolution for Nintendo Revolution at a retail price of $59.99.
The $60 price tag follows the footsteps of rival Microsoft's Xbox 360 games, all of which have been set at $59.99 reports Punch Jump.
Nintendo has not confirmed the retail pricing of the Revolution or games, but the system is expected to cost less than Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3." -ployer.com

Dear lord that's a lot of money. Can you just sell me the game with out the instruction booklet and the game case for fitty instead? I don't buy as many games as I used to. Honestly there aren't that many console games that appeal to me anymore. I think I bought "Street Fighter 2" for the SNES back in the day for $60 at funcoland when it first came out and everyone was going crazy for it. It was worth all that money because I spent a lot of time playing it. I'm not going to pay 59.99 for a three star game though. I like the way some of the games have been selling at 20 bucks, like the 2k series. I guess if you really want the next big title game, they can easily get that extra ten bucks from you and if you purchase it at comestible you'll probably spend another 10 on a gameinformer sub and then another 5 to reserve the sequel to the game you just bought and then you'll want to get the 1 year extended warranty for your XBOX 360 and spend another 20, and another 200.00 to file a restraining order against the game advisor who won't get off your back from buying useless crap you will never need. YOU HEARD ME ANDY MACNEANMENAREA, editor and chief of GI. The only reason you have the top selling gaming magazine is because idiots buy it up after a game advisor gives you high pressure sell and some lame excuse into signing into a sub. -fin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when we sent that subscription to Andy MacNamera? That shit was fucking hilarious!

I will buy a Revolution and probably a PS3, unless Nintendo finally gets some 3rd party support, but who am I kidding, I am buying it for Mario Kart.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Scott, you'd buy the Revolution if Mario kart was the only game coming out on it!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn skippy!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got owned on Street Fighter II, if you would have just waited 10 years you could have downloaded the emulated version off the internet for free. But also, Funcoland was a hunk of crap... they sold all their new games for 60 dollars after you gave them you're old system and a kidney. Personally just give me a can and a prosthetic leg to hit it with and I'll be happy without the next gen systems. When I want to see some graphics I'll just pop some mushrooms and lsd, it would be cheaper then the game and I could call it virtual reality.

MY 3 Cents

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home