Friday, March 10, 2006

I'll see you again someday, but not yet.

I was very close with my grandfather. Learning of his passing struck me with a lot of grief. The past couple of days have been odd just thinking about him and what happens when you leave. I was very distraught for a day or so, and I'm sure I will be again in the next couple of days, but for the moment I can find some peace in reflecting on his life. He survived many "chalenges" in life; the great depression, WWII, and raising a family and eventually me. I've had it pretty good in my life time, as far as complications coming along like not being drafted or dealing with the day to day situations of the great depression. The odds were stacked against an individual I believe more so back then. So to survive all of that, and conitinue to have a very productive life while knowing he has moved on to that next step, I can't help but celebrate a man who has accomplished so much.

I miss you, but I'll see you again,
David

The St. Cloud Times had published an article about my grandfather.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060310/NEWS01/103100025/1009/NEWS01

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Dave.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Wick said...

Thanks, I appreciate it Corey.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my deepest sympathies, Dave. From reading the St. Cloud Times article it seems like he was very influential in the development of SCSU and also was beloved by his co-workers and his students--I know my dad enjoyed taking a class from him.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Wick said...

Good to hear from you Dave, thank you.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home