Sunday, August 14, 2005

One Final Speech

Summer school is almost over with. The 18th is my last day of class, with a final. Tuesday brings me to my final speech in the class. I am re-taking this speech class this summer to make up for a grade needed to graduate in my major. It has taught me more then the talents of speech, but how one can grow in a matter of couple of years. The first time around was the beginning of the second year of college for me.
I was an anxiety ridden wreck. I finished with C- in that class. I had no real idea of my major at that point either. So 2 years later when I took upon my education major, the speech class was long forgotten. I had also begun to take college more seriously since then, changing C's into A's, knowing that one day I would have to leave my cocoon known as SCSU and enter the real world.

So now I find myself in the same position I was as a sophmore, only now a senior of sorts, with experience behind him. It's an absolutely amazing change for me. Public speaking is not something your born with, I'm proof of that. It only comes with practice. I'm excited to get this class over with, but also proud of myself for becomming more confident then I thought I would of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home