Friday, August 05, 2005

My life as of late.

"God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny." -Garrison Keillor

I've been meeting a lot of new people lately. Not new friends, just new people. I've been working in a deli a couple miles from my house, and have been commuting to St. Cloud, MN to attend a class during the summer to meet graduation requirements. During this time, approx. a month or so I have come across many new and amazing people.

There has been the Police Officer on Hwy 10; who likes to pull me over between Becker and Big Lake.

The man in the silver Accord who likes to flip me off while passing me, using his other hand to hold his cell phone.

There's the woman in the red mini van who drives 45 in the left hand lane, never to move to the right.

We can't forget the "W in 2004" woman in the GMC Denali who will ride my ass until I move into the right hand lane, only to merge infront of me 7 mph slower then before.

From my commute back and forth from St. Cloud I come back home, only to leave once again to go to work in the deli. I have met a truffle of new people at the deli counter.

There's the women who can't remember how to read so will point and say "that", "ME WANT THAT". Then will look at me like I'm stupid because I can't understand her.

The customer who's on the go, when 45 seconds of waiting in line has destroyed all of her chances to make it home in time to let her husband yell at her.

The environmentalists who's job it is to find out the ingredients in honey smoked turkey, that probably gave her dad the cancer.

And finally there's the customer who will second guess or question the obvious. Customer:"You'll out of the rotiserieiey Chicken?" Me: Yes, we are all out of the rotisserie chicken for the night. Customer:"you sure?" Me: "Yes." Customer: "You sure you don't have any back there, or any coming out sometime soon?" Me: "Let me check.... NOPE, WE ARE STILL OUT OF THE rotisserie chicken. Thank you."


In other news, lowtax of somethingawful.com created a Guide: "Mastering Battlefield 2". Pretty informative... Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home